Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- A part of a building that jets or projects beyond the rest, and overhangs the wall below.
- A wharf or pier extending from the shore.
- (Hydraulic engineering): A structure of wood or stone extended into the sea to influence the current or tide, or to protect a harbor; a mole; as, the Eads system of jetties at the mouth of the Mississippi River.
- To jut out; to project.
- Made of jet, or like jet in color.
- 1885: She raised her face veil [...] showing two black eyes fringed with jetty lashes, whose glances were soft and languishing and whose perfect beauty was ever blandishing — Sir Richard Burton, The Book of the Thousand Nights and One Night, vol. 1