Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- English-language; of or pertaining to the English language.
- Of or pertaining to England or its people.
- Of or pertaining to the avoirdupois system of measure.
- an English ton
- (proper noun)
- The language originating in England but now spoken in all parts of the British Isles, the Commonwealth of Nations, the United States of America, and other parts of the world.
- English is spoken here as an unofficial language and lingua franca.
- The English-language term or expression for something.
- What’s the English for ‘à peu près’?
- (collective plural) The people of England; Englishmen and Englishwomen.
- The Scottish and English have a history of conflict.
- One’s ability to employ the English language correctly.
- My coworker has pretty good English for a non-native speaker.
- Specific language or wording; a text or statements in speech, whether a translation or otherwise.
- The technical details are correct, but the English is not very clear.
- To render into English.