Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- An intense feeling of affection and care towards another person.
- A mother’s love is not easily shaken.
- A deep or abiding liking for something.
- My love of cricket knows no bounds.
- A profound and caring attraction towards someone.
- Your love is the most important thing in my life.
- A condition in which the happiness of another is essential to one's own happiness. (Paraphrased from a definition offered by Robert A. Heinlein, in Stranger in a Strange Land, 1961)
- The object of one’s romantic feelings; a darling or sweetheart
- I met my love by the gasworks wall.
- A term of friendly address, regardless of feelings.
- Hello, love, how can I help you?
- zero, no score.
- So that’s fifteen-love to Kournikova.
- To have a strong affection for.
- I love my spouse.
- I love you.
- To need, thrive on.
- Mold loves moist, dark places.
- To be strongly inclined towards something; an emphatic form of like.
- I love walking barefoot on wet grass.
- I'd love to join the team.
- To care deeply about.
- "You shall love the Lord your God with your whole heart, and your whole mind, and your whole soul; you shall love your neighbor as yourself."
- To lust for.
- To have sex with, (perhaps from make love.)
- I wish I could love her all night long.