Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- A character or glyph representing an idea, concept or object.
- $ is the symbol for dollars in the US and some other countries.
- '#' is the hash symbol.
- Any object, typically material, which is meant to represent another (usually abstract) even if there is no meaningful relationship.
- The dollar symbol has no relationship to the concept of currency or any related idea.
- A type of noun whereby the form refers to the same entity independently of the context; a symbol arbitrarily denotes a referent. See also icon and index.
- A summary of a dogmatic statement of faith.
- The Apostles, Nicene Creed and the confessional books of Protestantism, such as the Augsburg Confession of Lutheranism are considered symbols.