Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- Something done, a deed.
- An act of good will.
- A state of existence.
- A product of a legislative body, a statute.
- The process of doing something.
- He was caught in the act.
- A formal or official record of something done.
- A division of a theatrical performance.
- The pivotal moment in the play was in the first scene of the second act.
- A display of behavior.
- To do something.
- If you don't act soon, you will be in trouble.
- To perform a theatrical role.
- I started acting at the age of eleven in my local theatre.
- To behave in a certain way.
- He's acting strangely - I think there's something wrong with him.
- To convey an appear of being.
- He acted unconcerned so the others wouldn't worry.
- To respond to information.
- To have an effect on.
- High-pressure oxygen acts on the central nervous system and may cause convulsions or death.
- To play (a role)
- He's been acting Shakespearean leads since he was twelve.
- To feign
- He acted the angry parent, but was secretly amused.