Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- Something done so as to accomplish a purpose.
- A way of motion or functioning.
- Knead bread with a rocking action.
- A fast-paced activity.
- an action movie
- A mechanism; a moving part or assembly.
- a rifle action
- : The set of moving mechanical parts in a keyboard instrument which transfer the motion of the key to the sound-making device.
- Sexual activity; intercourse.
- She gave him some action.
- The distance separating the strings and the fretboard on the guitar.
- He saw some action in the Korean War.
- A charge or other process in a law court.
- Demanding or signifying the start of something, usually an act or scene of a theatric performance.
- The director yelled ‘Action!’ before the camera started rolling.
- To act on a request etc, in order to put it into effect.