Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- Behind; later in time; following.
- They lived happily ever after.
- I left the room, and the dog bounded after.
- subsequently to; following in time; later than.
- We had a few beers after the game.
- The time is quarter after eight.
- The Cold War began shortly after the Second World War
- he will leave a trail of destruction after him
- in pursuit of, seeking
- he's after a job
- run after him
- inquire after her health
- in allusion to, in imitation of; following or referencing
- we named him after his grandfather
- a painting after Leonardo da Vinci
- next in importance or rank
- The princess is next in line to the throne after the prince.
- as a result of
- After your bad behaviour, you will be punished.
- in spite of
- After all that has happened, he is still my friend.
- Signifies that the action of the clause it starts takes place before the action of the other clause.
- I went home after we had decided to call it a day.
- At or towards the stern of a ship
- The after gun is mounted aft.
- The after gun is abaft the forward gun.