Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- At or from a distance, but within view, or at a small distance; apart; away.
- Our palace stood aloof from streets. --Dryden.
- Without sympathy; unfavorably.
- To make the Bible as from the hand of God, and then to look at it aloof and with caution, is the worst of all impieties. --I. Taylor.
- Reserved and remote; either physically or emotionally distant