Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- A wager, an agreement between two parties that a stake (usually money) will be paid by the loser to the winner (the winner being the one who correctly forecast the outcome of an event).
- A degree of certainty.
- It’s a safe bet that it will rain tomorrow.
- It’s an even bet that Jim will come top of the maths test tomorrow
- To agree that payment be made to the successful forecaster of the result of an event (usually sporting) by the other party in the agreement. To make a guess about the outcome of an event.
- To be sure of something; to be able to count on something.
- You bet!
- To place money into the pot in order to require others do the same, usually only used for the first person to place money in the pot on each round.