Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- To know.
- To know how to; to be able to.
- She can speak English, French, and German.
- I can play football.
- Can you remember your fifth birthday?
- May; to be permitted or enabled to.
- You can go outside and play when you're finished with your homework.
- Can I use your pen?
- A more or less cylindrical vessel for liquids, usually of steel or aluminium.
- A container used to carry and dispense water for plants (a watering can).
- A tin-plate canister, often cylindrical, for preserved foods such as fruit, meat, or fish.
- toilet, bathroom.
- To preserve, by heating and sealing in a can or jar
- They spent August canning fruit and vegetables.
- to discard, scrap or terminate (an idea, project, etc.)
- He canned the whole project because he thought it would fail.
- To shut up
- Can your gob.
- To fire or dismiss an employee.
- The boss canned him for speaking out.