Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- A wheeled vehicle, drawn by a horse or other animal
- A wheeled vehicle that moves independently, steered by a driver mostly for personal transportation; a motor car or automobile
- She drove her car to the mall.
- A nonpowered unit in a railroad train.
- The conductor linked the cars to the locomotive.
- an individual vehicle, powered or unpowered, in a multiple unit.
- The 11:10 to London was operated by a 4-car diesel multiple unit
- A passenger-carrying unit in a subway or elevated train, whether powered or not.
- From the front-most car of the subway, he filmed the progress through the tunnel.
- A rough unit of quantity approximating the amount which would fill a railroad car.
- We ordered five hundred cars of gypsum.
- The moving, load-carrying component of an elevator or other cable-drawn transport mechanism.
- Fix the car of the express elevator - the door is sticking.
- The passenger-carrying portion of certain amusement park rides, such as Ferris wheels.
- The most exciting part of riding a Ferris wheel is when your car goes over the top.
- The part of an airship, such as a balloon or dirigible, which houses the passengers and control apparatus.
- A sliding fitting that runs along a track.