Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- Parallel, along the same vein, side by side.
- Corresponding; accompanying, concomitant.
- Being aside from the main subject; tangential, subordinate.
- Although not a direct cause, empire-building was certainly a collateral incitement for the war.
- (family) Of a family relationship that includes aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, and nephews, as opposed to lineal.
- 1885, Richard Burton, The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night, Vol. 5,
- The pure blood all descends from five collateral lines called Al-Khamsah (the Cinque).
- A collateral family member.
- A security or guarantee (usually an asset) pledged for the repayment of a loan if one cannot procure enough funds to repay. (Originally supplied as "accompanying" security.)