Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- A folded piece of cloth, a pouch of ice, etc., used to cover the dressing of wounds, and placed with the aid of a bandage to apply pressure on an injury.
- He held a cold compress over the sprain.
- To make smaller; to press or squeeze together, or to make something occupy a smaller space or volume.
- The force required to compress a spring varies linearly with the displacement.
- To condense or abridge.
- If you try to compress the entire book into a three-sentence summary, you will lose a lot of information.
- To make information smaller by encoding it using fewer bits.