Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- (proper noun)
- Our planet, third out from the Sun; see main entry Earth.
- The astronauts saw the earth from the porthole.
- This is good earth for growing potatoes.
- Any general rock-based material.
- She sighed when the plane's wheels finally touched earth.
- The ground, land (as opposed to the sky or sea).
- Birds are of the sky, not of the earth.
- A connection electrically to the earth (US ground); on equipment: a terminal connected in that manner.
- A fox's home or lair.
- The world of our current life (as opposed to heaven or an afterlife).
- 1819, John Keats, "Ode on a Grecian Urn"
- "Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all / Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.
- One of the four basic elements (see Wikipedia article on the Classical elements).
- One of the five basic elements (see Wikipedia article on the Classical elements).
- One of the five basic elements (see Wikipedia article on the Five Elements).
- To connect electrically to the earth.
- That noise is because the amplifier is not properly earthed.
- To bury.