Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- To consume (something solid or semi-solid, usually food) by putting it into the mouth and swallowing it.
- He’s eating an apple.
- Don’t disturb me now; can't you see that I’m eating?
- To consume a meal.
- What time do we eat this evening?
- To be eaten.
- The soup that eats like a meal.
- To destroy, consume, or use up
- This project is eating up all the money.
- To cause (someone) to worry.
- What’s eating you?
- To take the loss in a transaction.
- It’s a special order, so we can’t send it back; if the customer won’t accept it, we’ll have to eat the forty tons of steel ourselves.
- To corrode or erode.
- The acid rain ate away the statue.
- The strong acid eats through the metal.