Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- The result or outcome of a cause. See usage notes below.
- The effect of the hurricane was a devastated landscape.
- An illusion produced by technical means (as in "special effect")
- ''The effect of flying was most convincing.
- An alteration in sound after it has been produced by an instrument.
- I use an echo effect here to make the sound more mysterious.
- A device for producing an alteration in sound produced by an instrument.
- I just bought a couple of great effects.
- The state of being binding and enforceable, as in a rule, policy, or law.
- The new law will come into effect on the first day of next year.
- Belongings, usually as personal effects.
- To make or bring about; to implement.
- The best way to effect change is to work with existing stakeholders.