Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- One of the simplest or essential parts or principles of which anything consists, or upon which the constitution or fundamental powers of anything are based.
- Any one of the simplest chemical substances that cannot be decomposed in a chemical reaction or by any chemical means and made up of atoms all having the same number of protons.
- One of the four basic building blocks of matter in theories of ancient philosophers and alchemists: water, earth, fire, and air.
- Something small.
- an element of doubt
- A place or state of being that an individual or object is better suited towards.
- be in one's own element
- A required aspect or component of a cause of action. A deed is regarded a violation of law only if each element can be proved.
- One of the objects in a set.
- A group of people within a larger group having a particular common characteristic.
- You sometimes find the hooligan element at football matches.
- A short form of heating element, a component in electrical equipment, often in the form of a coil, having a high resistance, thereby generating heat when a current is passed through it.
- The element in this electric kettle can heat the water in under a minute.
- One of the conceptual objects in a markup language, usually represented in text by a matching pair of tags.