Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- A land area free of woodland, cities, and towns; open country.
- A wide, open space that is usually used to grow crops or to hold farm animals.
- The open country near or belonging to a city -- usually used in plural.
- A region affected by a particular force.
- magnetic field
- A course of study or domain of knowledge or practice.
- A set having two operations called addition and multiplication under both of which all the elements of the set are commutative and associative; for which multiplication distributes over addition; and for both of which there exist an identity element and an inverse element.
- The set of rational numbers, , is the prototypical field.
- An area reserved for playing a game.
- soccer field
- A region containing a particular mineral.
- oil field or oilfield
- gold field or goldfield
- The background of the shield
- An area of memory or storage reserved for a particular value.
- To intercept or catch (a ball) and play it.
- To place a team in (a game).
- To answer, accept or address.
- She will field questions immediately after her presentation.