Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- A reproductive structure in angiosperms (flowering plants), typically including sepals, petals, stamens, and ovaries; often conspicuously colourful.
- 1894, H. G. Wells, The Flowering of the Strange Orchid
- You know, Darwin studied their fertilisation, and showed that the whole structure of an ordinary orchid flower was contrived in order that moths might carry the pollen from plant to plant.
- The vulva, especially the labia majora.
- An inflorescence that resembles a flower, but actually contains many small florets, such as a sunflower.
- A plant that bears flowers.
- We transplanted the flowers to a larger pot.
- Of plants, a state of bearing blooms.
- The dogwoods are in flower this week.
- The best examples or representatives of a group.
- We selected the flower of the applicants.
- The best state of things; the prime.
- She was in the flower of her life.
- To put forth blooms.
- To reach a state of full development or great achievement.