Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- Matter in a state intermediate between liquid and plasma that can be contained only if it is fully surrounded by a solid (or held together by gravitational pull); it can condense into a liquid, or can (rarely) become a solid directly.
- A lot of gas had escaped from the cylinder
- A chemical element or compound in such a state.
- The atmosphere is made up of a number of different gases
- An inflammable gaseous hydrocarbon or hydrocarbon mixture (typically predominantly methane) used as a fuel, e.g. for cooking, heating or electricity generation.
- Gas-fired power stations have largely replaced coal-burning ones.
- Methane or other waste gases trapped in one's belly as a result of the digestive process. My tummy hurts so bad, I have gas.
- A humorous event or person.
- He is such a gas!
- A fastball.
- The closer threw him nothing but gas.
- To kill with poisonous gas.
- To talk, chat.
- To emit gas.
- The battery cell was gassing.
- Gasoline; a derivative of petroleum used as fuel.
- To give a vehicle more fuel in order to accelerate it.
- The cops are coming. Gas it!
- To fill (a vehicle's fuel tank) with fuel
- comical, zany.
- Mary's new boyfriend is a gas man.
- It was gas when the bird flew into the classroom.