Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- To administer a blow to.
- One boy hit the other.
- To come into contact with forcefully and suddenly.
- The ball hit the fence.
- To manage to touch in the right place.
- I hit the jackpot.
- To kill a person on the instructions of a third party.
- Hit him tonight and throw the body in the river.
- In blackjack, to deal a card to.
- Hit me.
- To come up to bat.
- Jones hit for the pitcher.
- To go (somewhere).
- We hit the grocery store on the way to the park.
- To begin; to start; to open.
- The movie hits theaters in December.
- To use.
- The external web servers hit DBSRV7, the internal web server hits DBSRV3.
- To affect negatively.
- The economy was hit by a recession.
- To have sex with.
- I'd hit that.
- A blow; a punch.
- The hit was very slight.
- A success, especially in the entertainment industry.
- The band played their hit song to the delight of the fans.
- An attack on a location.
- The complete play, when the batter reaches base without the benefit of a walk, error, or fielder’s choice.
- The catcher got a hit to lead off the fifth.
- A dose of an illegal or addictive drug.
- Where am I going to get my next hit?
- A measured visit to a web site.
- My site received twice as many hits after being listed in a search engine.