Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- The state that precedes death and follows birth or conception.
- A status given to any entity including animals, plants, fungi, bacteria, etc. — and sometimes viruses — having the properties of replication and metabolism.
- The essence of the manifestation and the foundation of the being.
- the subjective and inner manifestation of the individual.
- The world in general; existence.
- Man's life on this planet has been marked by continual conflict.
- A worthwhile existence.
- He gets up early in the morning, works all day long — even on weekends — and hardly sees his family. That's no life!
- A biography.
- His life of the founder is finished, except for the title.
- Something which is inherently part of a person's existence, such as job, family, a loved one, etc.
- She's my love, my life.
- A life sentence; a term of imprisonment of a convict until his or her death.
- The span of time during which an object operates.
- This light bulb is designed to have a life of 2,000 hours.
- The period of time during which an object is recognizable.
- The life of this milk carton may be thousands of years in this landfill.
- One of the player's chances to play, lost when a mistake is made.
- Scoring 1000 points is rewarded with an extra life.