Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- To start (a fire).
- To illuminate.
- The natural medium emanating from the sun and other very hot sources (now recognised as electromagnetic radiation with a wavelength of 400-750 nm), within which vision is possible.
- As you can see, this spacious dining-room gets a lot of light in the mornings.
- A source of illumination.
- Put that light out!
- Spiritual or mental illumination; enlightenment, useful information.
- Can you throw any light on this problem?
- A notable person within a specific field or discipline.
- Picasso was one of the leading lights of the cubist movement.
- A point of view, or aspect from which a concept, person or thing is regarded.
- I'm really seeing you in a different light today.
- A flame or something used to create fire.
- Hey, buddy, you got a light?
- A window, or space for a window in architecture
- This facade has eight south-facing lights.
- The series of squares reserved for the answer to a crossword clue
- The average length of a light on a 15x15 grid is 7 or 8.
- A cross-light in a double acrostic or triple acrostic.
- having light
- pale in colour
- served with extra milk or cream
- Of low weight; not heavy.
- My bag was much lighter once I had dropped off the books.
- Lightly-built; designed for speed or small loads.
- We took a light aircraft down to the city.
- Gentle; having little force or momentum.
- This artist clearly had a light, flowing touch.
- Low in fat, calories, alcohol, salt, etc.
- This light beer still gets you drunk if you have enough of it.
- Unimportant, trivial, having little value or significance.
- I made some light comment, and we moved on.
- Carrying little.
- I prefer to travel light.
- A stone that is not thrown hard enough.
- To unload a ship, or to jettison material to make it lighter