Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- To create, construct or produce.
- We made a bird feeder for our yard.
- They hope to make a bigger profit.
- We’ll make a man out of him yet.
- To constitute.
- They make a cute couple.
- This makes the third infraction.
- To interpret.
- I don’t know what to make of it.
- To bring into success.
- This company is what made you.
- She married into wealth. She has it made.
- To cause to be.
- The citizens made their objections clear.
- This might make you a bit woozy.
- To cause to do.
- You’re making her cry.
- I was made to feel like a criminal.
- To force to do.
- The teacher made the student study.
- Don’t let them make you suffer.
- To indicate or suggest to be.
- His past mistakes don’t make him a bad person.
- To recognise (without being recognised in return)
- 2004, George Nolfi et al, Ocean's Twelve, Warner Bros. Pictures, 0:50:30,
- Linus Caldwell: Well, she just made Danny and Yen, which means in the next 48 hours the three o' your pictures are gonna be in every police station in Europe.
- 2007 May 4, Andrew Dettmann et al, "Under Pressure", episode 3-22 of Numb3rs, 00:01:16,
- David Sinclair: (walking) Almost at Seventh; I should have a visual any second now. (rounds a corner, almost collides into Kaleed Asan) Damn, that was close.
Don Eppes: David, he make you?
David Sinclair: No, I don't think so.
- Brand or kind; often paired with model.
- What make of car do you drive?
- How a thing is made; construction.
- Origin of a manufactured article; manufacture.
- The camera was of German make.
- Quantity produced, especially of materials.
- The act or process of making something, especially in industrial manufacturing.
- papers are respectively of second or inferior quality, the last being perhaps torn or broken in the "make" — as the manufacture is technically termed. }}
- A person's character or disposition.
- The declaration of the trump for a hand.
- The closing of an electrical circuit.
- A software utility for automatically building large applications, or an implementation of this utility.
- Recognition or identification, especially from police records or evidence.
- Past or future target of seduction (usually female).
- It isn't anything short of difficult to entertain someone else's pregnant fiancee.}}
- A promotion.
- mate; spouse or companion.
- A halfpenny.