Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- A mark or token by which a thing may be known; a visible sign; a character; a distinctive mark or feature; a characteristic quality.
- A mark, or sign, made to call attention, to point out something to notice, or the like; a sign, or token, proving or giving evidence.
- A brief remark; a marginal comment or explanation; hence, an annotation on a text or author; a comment; a critical, explanatory, or illustrative observation.
- A brief piece of writing intended to assist the memory; a memorandum; a minute.
- A short informal letter; a billet.
- A diplomatic missive or written communication.
- A written or printed paper acknowledging a debt, and promising payment; as, a promissory note; a note of hand; a negotiable note.
- A piece of paper money; a banknote.
- A small size of paper used for writing letters or notes.
- A character, variously formed, to indicate the length of a tone, and variously placed upon the staff to indicate its pitch.
- A musical sound; a tone; an utterance; a tune.
- A key of the piano or organ.
- Observation; notice; heed.
- Reputation; distinction; as, a poet of note.
- To notice with care; to observe; to remark; to heed
- To record in writing; to make a memorandum of.
- To denote; to designate
- To annotate
- To set down in musical characters.