Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- To perform a work or labor; to exert power or strength, physical or mechanical; to act.
- To produce an appropriate physical effect; to issue in the result designed by nature; especially (Med.), to take appropriate effect on the human system.
- To act or produce effect on the mind; to exert moral power or influence.
- To perform some manual act upon a human body in a methodical manner, and usually with instruments, with a view to restore soundness or health, as in amputation, lithotomy, etc.
- To deal in stocks or any commodity with a view to speculative profits.
- To produce, as an effect; to cause.
- To put into, or to continue in, operation or activity; to work; as, to operate a machine.