Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- Of two or more (straight) lines, (flat) surfaces etc: Equally distant from one another at all points.
- The horizontal lines on my notebook paper are parallel.
- parallel to: Of one thing, relative to another: Equally distant from at all points.
- The railway line runs parallel to the road.
- With a parallel relationship
- The road runs parallel with the canal.
- One of a set of parallel lines.
- A line of latitude.
- The 31st parallel passes through the center of my town.
- An arrangement of electrical components such that a current flows along two or more paths; see in parallel
- To construct something parallel to something else.
- Of a path etc: To be parallel to something else.
- Of a process etc: To be analogous to something else.
- To compare or liken something to something else.