Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- A paragraph or section of text or music with particular meaning.
- passage of scripture
- She struggled to play the difficult passages.
- Part of a path or journey.
- He made his passage through the trees carefully, mindful of the stickers.
- The official approval of a bill or act by a parliament.
- The company was one of the prime movers in lobbying for the passage of the act.
- An artistic term describing use of tight brushwork to link objects in separate spatial plains. Commonly seen in Cubist works.
- A passageway or corridor.
- An underground cavity, formed by water or falling rocks, which is much longer than it is wide.
- The vagina.
- To pass a pathogen through a hosts or media
- He passaged the virus through a series of goats.
- After 24 hours, the culture was passaged to an agar plate.
- To make a passage, especially by sea; to cross
- They passaged to America in 1902.
- A movement in classical dressage, in which the horse performs a very collected, energetic, and elevated trot that has a longer period of suspension between each foot fall than a working trot.
- To execute a passage movement