Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- A plan or course of action, especially one of an organization or government
- The Communist Party has a policy of returning power to the workers
- A course of action thought to be prudent or advantageous; hence prudence or sagacity
- Honesty is the best policy
- A contract of insurance
- Your insurance policy covers fire and theft only.
- An illegal lottery in late nineteenth and early twentieth century USA (no plural)
- Some policy players frequented policy shops
- A statement of commitment to a broad requirement, often used in an organisation to instruct personnel as to a required outcome (note: whereas "Procedures" describe how a policy is implemented).
- Shrewdness or artfulness
- 1813, Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice, Modern Library Edition (1995), page 140
- These bitter accusations might have been suppressed, had I with greater policy concealed my struggles, and flattered you...