Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- The fine particles to which any dry substance is reduced by pounding, grinding, or triturating, or into which it falls by decay; dust.
- Grind their bones to powder small. —Shakespeare
- An explosive mixture used in gunnery, blasting, etc.; gunpowder.
- To reduce to fine particles; to pound, grind, or rub into a powder; to comminute; to pulverize; to triturate.
- To sprinkle with powder, or as with powder; to be sprinkle
- to powder the hair.
- A circling zone thou seest / Powdered with stars. --Milton.
- To be reduced to powder; to become like powder.
- Some salts powder easily.
- To use powder on the hair or skin; as,
- She paints and powders.