Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- An original or primary word; a word not derived from another; -- opposed to derivative.
- Of or pertaining to the beginning or origin, or to early times; original; primordial; primeval; first; as, primitive innocence; the primitive church.
- Of or pertaining to a former time; old-fashioned; characterized by simplicity; as, a primitive style of dress.
- Original; primary; radical; not derived; as, primitive verb in grammar.
- Occurring in or characteristic of an early stage of development or evolution.