Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- Moving with speed, rapidity or swiftness, or capable of doing so; rapid; fast.
- I ran to the station – but I wasn't quick enough.
- He's a quick runner.
- Occuring in a short time; happening or done rapidly.
- That was a quick meal.
- Lively, fast-thinking, witty, intelligent.
- You have to be very quick to be able to compete in ad-lib theatrics.
- Mentally agile, alert, perceptive.
- My father is old but he still has a quick wit.
- Of temper: easily aroused to anger; quick-tempered.
- Alive, living.
- The quick and the dead.
- Pregnant, especially at the stage where the foetus's movements can be felt; figuratively, alive with some emotion or feeling.
- She was quick with child.
- Of water: flowing.
- Burning, flammable, fiery.
- get rich quick
- come here, quick!
- raw or sensitive flesh, especially that underneath finger and toe nails.