Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- All outcomes being unpredictable and, in the ideal case, equally probable; resulting from such selection; lacking statistical correlation.
- The flip of a fair coin is purely random.
- The newspaper conducted a random sample of five hundred American teenagers.
- The results of the field survey look random by several different measures.
- Of or relating to probability distribution.
- A toss of loaded dice is still random, though biased.
- Pseudorandom in contrast to truly random; mimicking the result of random selection.
- The rand function generates a random number from a seed.
- Representative and undistinguished; typical and average.
- A random American off the street couldn't tell the difference.
- Apropos of nothing; lacking context; unexpected; having apparent lack of plan, cause or reason.
- That was a completely random comment.
- The teacher's bartending story was interesting, but random.
- The narrative takes a random course.
- An undefined, unknown or unimportant person; a person of no consequence.
- The party was boring. It was full of randoms.