Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- A part or parts remaining after some has/have been removed.
- My son ate part of his cake and I ate the remainder.
- You can have the remainder of my clothes.
- Items left unsold and subject to reduction in price.
- I got a really good price on this shirt because it was a remainder.
- The amount left over after subtracting the divisor as many times as possible from the dividend without producing a negative result. If (dividend) and d (divisor) are integers, then can always be expressed in the form n = dq + r, where q (quotient) and r (remainder) are also integers, and 0 ≤ r < d.
- 17 leaves a remainder of 2 when divided by 3.
- 11 divided by 2 is 5 remainder 1.
- To mark or declare items left unsold as subject to reduction in price.
- The bookstore remaindered all the copies of that book they had left at the end of summer and people snapped them up at the reduced price.