Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- To make new again; to restore to freshness, perfection, or vigor; to give new life to; to rejuvenate; to reestablish; to recreate; to rebuild.
- In such a night Medea gathered the enchanted herbs That did renew old son. -Shak.
- Specifically, to substitute for (an old obligation or right) a new one of the same nature; to continue in force; to make again; as, to renew a lease, note, or patent.
- To begin again; to recommence.
- The last great age . . . renews its finished course. -Dryden.
- To repeat; to go over again.
- The birds-their notes renew. -Milton.
- To make new spiritually; to regenerate.
- Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind. Rom. xii. 2.
- To become new, or as new; to grow or begin again.