Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- Rock that is ground more finely than gravel, but is not as fine as silt (more formally, see grain sizes chart), forming beaches and deserts and also used in construction. Sand may be blown around by the wind; gravel is too heavy, and silt (on beaches) does not usually have time to dry out between tides.
- (often in plural sands) a beach or other expanse of sand.
- Personal courage (used before or around 1920s)
- A light beige colour, like that of typical sand.
- Of a light beige colour, like that of typical sand.
- To abrade the surface of (something) with sand or sandpaper in order to smooth or clean it.
- Then what was the point of sanding my face off? — Space Ghost
- To cover with sand.