Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- A grammatically complete series of words consisting of a subject and predicate, even if one or the other is implied, and typically beginning with a capital letter and ending with a full stop.
- The children were made to construct sentences consisting of nouns and verbs from the list on the chalkboard.
- The decision of a jury; a verdict.
- The jury returned a sentence of guilt in the first charge, but innocence in the second.
- An unfavorable sentence(2): a conviction.
- The prisoner was scheduled for execution as all appeals of his sentence had been denied.
- The punishment imposed on a person convicted of a crime.
- The judge declared a sentence of death by hanging for the infamous cattle rustler.
- Any of the set of strings that can be generated by a given formal grammar.
- To declare a sentence on a convicted person.
- The judge sentenced the embezzler to ten years in prison, along with a hefty fine.