Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- Either of two main divisions (either male or female) into which many organisms can be placed, according to reproductive function or organs; gender.
- What sex is that hamster?
- The abnormality is found in both sexes.
- The distinguishing property, quality, or assemblage of properties by which organisms are classified as female or male on the basis of their reproductive organs and functions; the set of properties by which male is distinguished from female.
- The effect of the medication is dependent upon age, sex, and other factors.
- The researchers divided the subjects by sex.
- Sexual intercourse; the act of sexual intercourse.
- All you ever think about is sex.
- We had sex in the back seat.
- Genitalia; a penis or vagina.
- the sex. Women; womankind. Also, the fair sex, the fairer sex, the whimsical sex.
- 1759, Laurence Sterne, The Life & Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman, chapter 1, Google Books
- ...unless it was with his sister-in-law, my father's wife and my mother,—my uncle Toby scarce exchanged three words with the sex in as many years...
- 1913, Arthur Conan Doyle, The Adventure of the Dying Detective, paragraph 2, Google Books
- He disliked and distrusted the sex, but he was always a chivalrous opponent.
- To determine the sex of; often in reference to newly-hatched chicks.
- It is not easy to sex a hyena.
- To have sex with.
- The passionate lovers sexed each other every night.
- OK, so I'm sexin' her, right, and all I can think of is this other girl.