Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- An assize.
- 1749, Henry Fielding, Tom Jones, Folio Society 1973, p. 560:
- I know you would have women above the law, but it is all a lye; I heard his lordship say at size, that no one is above the law.
- A regulation, piece of ordinance.
- A regulation determining the amount of money paid in fees, taxes etc.
- A set amount of something.
- The dimensions or magnitude of a thing; how big something is.
- The size of the building seemed to have increased since I was last there.
- A specific set of dimensions for clothing etc. seen as fitting a person or set of persons.
- I don't think we have the red one in your size.
- A number of edges in a graph.
- To adjust the size of; to make a certain size.
- To classify or arrange by size.
- To approximate the dimensions, estimate the size of.
- A thin, weak glue used as primer for paper or canvas intended to be painted upon.
- Wallpaper paste.
- The thickened crust on coagulated blood.
- To apply glue or other primer to a surface which is to be painted.