Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- To cause to move in continuous contact with a surface
- He slid the boat across the grass.
- To move in continuous contact with a surface.
- The safe slid slowly.
- To move on a low friction surface.
- The car slid on the ice.
- To drop down and skid into a base.
- Jones slid into second.
- To lose one’s balance on a slippery surface.
- He slid while going around the corner.
- To let pass without action.
- ''The administrator let the minor infraction slide with only a disapproving look.
- A toy for children where they climb up and then slide, glide down again.
- The long, red slide was great fun for the kids.
- The event of large amounts of rubble, earth and stones moving down the slope of a hill or from a mountain.
- The slide closed the highway.
- A lever that can be moved in two directions.
- A valve that works by sliding such as in a trombone.
- A transparent image, to be projected to a screen.
- The act of dropping down and skidding into a base
- A flat, rectangular piece of glass on which a prepared sample may be viewed through a microscope; a microscope slide.