Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- To communicate with one's voice, to say words out loud.
- I was so surprised I couldn't speak.
- You're speaking too fast.
- To have a conversation.
- It's been ages since we've spoken.
- To communicate or converse by some means other than orally, such as writing or facial expressions.
- He spoke of it in his diary
- Speak to me only with your eyes.
- I just spoke with them on IRC.
- Actions speak louder than words.
- To deliver a message to a group; to deliver a speech.
- This evening I shall speak on the topic of correct English usage.
- To be able to communicate in a language.
- I was so surprised that I couldn't speak a word.
- He speaks Mandarin fluently.
- language, jargon, or terminology used uniquely in a particular environment or group.
- Corporate speak; IT speak
- a low class bar, a speakeasy.