Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- A luminous celestial body, made up of plasma (particularly hydrogen and helium) and having a spherical shape. Depending on context the sun may or may not be included.
- A concave polygon with regular, pointy protrusions and indentations, generally with five or six points.
- A widely-known person; a celebrity.
- Actors in leading roles in movies, television shows and other dramatic media.
- An exceptionally talented person, often in a specific field.
- His teacher tells us he is a star pupil.
- An asterisk (*).
- A symbol used to rate quality. Used e.g. for hotels, with ratings from 1 star (poor quality) to 5 star (top quality).
- To appear as a featured performer or headliner, especially in an entertainment program.
- To mark with a star or asterisk.