Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- Any sovereign polity. A government.
- 20C, Albert Einstein, as quoted by Virgil Henshaw in Albert Einstein: Philosopher Scientist (1949)
- Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it.
- A political division of a federation retaining a degree of autonomy, for example one of the fifty United States. See also Province.
- A condition.
- A state of being.
- A state of emergency.
- Pomp, ceremony, or dignity.
- The President's body will lie in state at the Capitol.
- The stable condition of a processor during a particular clock cycle.
- In the fetch state, the address of the next instruction is placed on the address bus.
- The set of all parameters relevant to a computation.
- The state here includes a set containing all names seen so far.
- The values of all parameters at some point in a computation.
- A debugger can show the state of a program at any breakpoint.
- A society larger than a tribe. A society large enough to form a state in the sense of a government.
- To declare to be a fact.
- He stated that he was willing to help.
- To make known.
- State your intentions.