Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- A particle used to mark the following verb as an infinitive.
- I want to leave.
- He asked me what to do.
- I don’t know how to say it.
- To err is human.
- To be, or not to be: that is the question:
- In the direction of, and arriving at (indicating destination).
- We are walking to the shop.
- Used after an adjective to indicate its application.
- similar to ..., relevant to ..., pertinent to ..., I was nice to him, he was cruel to her, I am used to walking.
- Used to indicate ratios.
- one to one = 1:1
- ten to one = 10:1.
- Used to indicate the indirect object.
- I gave the book to him.
- ten to ten = 9:50; We're going to leave at ten to (the hour).
- Common misspelling of too
- Toward a closed, touching or engaging position.
- Please would you push the door to.