Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- See-through, clear; having the property that light passes through it almost undisturbed, such that one can see through it clearly.
- The waters of the lake were transparent until the factory dumped wastes there.
- 1897, H. G. Wells, The Invisible Man, chapter 19,
- "You make the glass invisible by putting it into a liquid of nearly the same refractive index; a transparent thing becomes invisible if it is put in any medium of almost the same refractive index."
- Open, public; having the property that theories and practices are publicly visible, thereby reducing the chance of corruption.
- Obvious; readily apparent; easy to see or understand.
- His reasons for the decision were transparent.