Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- The state or quality of being true to someone or something; faithfulness, fidelity.
- Truth to one's own feelings is all-important in life.
- A pledge of loyalty or faith.
- Conformity to fact or reality; correctness, accuracy.
- There was some truth in his statement that he had no other choice.
- True facts, genuine depiction or statements of reality.
- The truth is that our leaders knew a lot more than they were letting on.
- That which is real, in a deeper sense; spiritual or ‘genuine’ reality.
- "The truth is what is."
- Alcoholism and redemption led me finally to truth.
- 1820: Beauty is truth, truth beauty, - that is all / Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know. — John Keats, ‘Ode on a Grecian Urn’
- Something acknowledged to be true; a true statement or axiom.
- Hunger and jealousy are just eternal truths of human existence.
- 1813: It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. — Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice