Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- The quality (positive or negative) that renders something desirable or valuable
- The Shakespearean Shylock is of dubious value in the modern world.
- The degree of importance you give to something.
- ''The value of my children's happiness is second only to that of my wife.
- The amount (of money or goods or services) that is considered to be a fair equivalent for something else
- He tried to estimate the value of the produce at normal prices.
- The relative duration of a musical note.
- The value of a crotchet is twice that of a quaver.
- The relative darkness or lightness of a color in (a specific area of) a painting etc.
- "I establish the colors and principal values by organizing the painting into three values--dark, medium...and light." -Joe Hing Lowe
- Numerical quantity measured or assigned or computed.
- The exact value of pi can never be computed.
- Estimate the cost of; judge the worth of something.
- I will have the family jewels valued by a professional.
- Regard highly; think much of; place importance upon.
- Gold was valued highly among the Romans.
- Fix or determine the value of; assign a value to, as of jewelry or art work.
- Hold dear.
- I value these old photographs.