Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- A unit of three dimensional measure of space that comprises a length, a width and a height. It is measured in units of cubic centimeters in metric, cubic inches or cubic feet in English measurement. (The room is 9x12x8, so its volume is 864 cubic feet.)
- Strength of sound. Measured in decibels. (Please turn down the volume on the stereo.)
- The issues of a periodical over a period of one year. (I looked at this week's copy of the magazine. It was volume 23, issue 45.)
- A single book of a publication issued in multi-book format, such as an encyclopedia. (The letter "G" was found in volume 4.)
- A synonym for quantity. (The volume of ticket sales decreased this week.)
- The total supply of money in circulation or, less frequently, total amount of credit extended, within a specified national market or worldwide.